Thursday, January 24, 2008

My Current Art Ideas



I want this blog to be a place for my creativity to grow. Hence, I will be writing about random beautiful things or weird things that interest me, but most importantly I'll be writing about my art. And it will be a good challenge for me because I will have to try to explain my art and what it means to me.

The current series of work that I am working on is in oil paint, and the paintings are rather large. I have been telling people that the peices are fantasticle landscapes. I am taking sky/cloud images and distorting them until it freaks me out a little bit. I then mess with the colors and composition, and hopefully take off painting!  My intent is for viewers to marvel at the power of what God can do through what He has made. How small we are and big He is! The imagery in the Bible that speaks of the power of God gives me the chills. Here is an excerpt from Exodus9:22-29:

Then the LORD said to Moses, "Stretch out your hand toward the sky so that hail will fall all over Egypt—on men and animals and on everything growing in the fields of Egypt." When Moses stretched out his staff toward the sky, the LORD sent thunder and hail, and lightning flashed down to the ground. So the LORD rained hail on the land of Egypt; hail fell and lightning flashed back and forth. It was the worst storm in all the land of Egypt since it had become a nation. Throughout Egypt hail struck everything in the fields—both men and animals; it beat down everything growing in the fields and stripped every tree. The only place it did not hail was the land of Goshen, where the Israelites were.

Then Pharaoh summoned Moses and Aaron. "This time I have sinned," he said to them. "The LORD is in the right, and I and my people are in the wrong. Pray to the LORD, for we have had enough thunder and hail. I will let you go; you don't have to stay any longer."

Moses replied, "When I have gone out of the city, I will spread out my hands in prayer to the LORD. The thunder will stop and there will be no more hail, so you may know that the earth is the LORD's.

Wow!  God uses weather for His purpose.  Another example would be Noah's flood.  God sent rain down during Noah's life.  It rained for 150 days!  Everything got wiped out except for Noah, his fam, and a bunch of animals.  

As for modern times, my husband and I recently watched a documentary about a tsunami (huge wave) that reached 1,712 ft. elevation in Alaska back in the 50's!  Could you imagine a 1,712 ft. wave coming at you?!  How terrifying!  
God can do great great and scary things.  

To conclude, I posted a computer version of the painting that I am working on right now.  It is at the top of the page.   

No comments:

Post a Comment