Friday, January 25, 2008

Special Things Happen in the Morn


For the past two weeks, I have been waking up around 5 am in order to get to the Habitat Blitz Build by 6 am.  I have seen three things that (to me) are out of the ordinary during these early morning times.  
1.  Armadillo
2.  Eagle
3.  Red red clouds

*I was a bit frightened when I saw the Armadillo cross the street in the dark of the early morning.  I had a suspicion that it was either a huge king rat in a hurry to get back to his sewer palace before the sun gave him away..... or it was an armadillo. I am glad it was the latter of the two.  A few facts abour Armadillos:
-Have poor eyesight
-Used in leprosy research
-Like to swim (can hold their breath for 6 minutes or so!)
-Armadillo meat was found on many menus during the Great Depression
-Live in warm weather due to lack of fat on body  
 
 They look pretty gross eh?

*  For some reason I have always thought that it is realllly reallllly rare to see an eagle.  I don't really know if that is true or not.  But just this morning around 8:45 am, I am pretty sure I saw an eagle soaring over my apartment!  I woke my husband up from his slumber with "I just saw an eagle!!!"  
    Well,  hmmm...I just researched the Golden Eagle, and I guess they do not reside or come near to Miami.  Perhaps it was another bird...but it looked just like this one... which is a Golden Eagle.. 

*  The final special morning event was a marvelous display of God's creation.  It was around 6 am, and the sky was getting redder and redder by the second!  Here is a pic:

God's face truly does shine!

No comments:

Post a Comment