Wednesday, January 23, 2008

An Emo Tree


Let me start this blog off with Weeping Willow Trees. I love them. I also miss them. I don't remember the last time I have seen one. And I don't think I have ever really experienced one. Perhaps my lack of experience with Weeping Willow Trees is what makes them so magical to me. If I were to design the set to Lothlorien (the land of Galadriel)...I would most definitely incorporate Weeping Willow Trees everywhere! How could one resist!

I was talking with a woman the other day. She said she had wanted to get married under a Weeping Willow Tree her whole life. Luckily her grandma had the tree, along with many acres of beautiful fields. But wouldn't you know it, a few years before she was to be married, the Weeping Willow got struck by lightening! Cut right down the middle! She ended up getting married under a Maple tree which is pretty standard for a tree, but still great of course.

But hearing this woman talk about Weeping Willow's truly affirmed my feelings about them. They ARE special! I love how God created so many trees and plants.   He made them pleasant, peaceful, and beautiful.  Such a gift...

I love how the leaves of the Weeping Willow nearly touch the ground. Perhaps the tree looks like a giant bush at times! The tree also dances with the wind.   The tree also seems to be quite human-like for it truly does look meloncholy! All those lonnnnnggg, hangingggg, giving-up-on-life, dreary, quiet leaves! Have you ever seen a tree with such emotion?!

Maybe I am reading too far into this tree of mine. :) But it truly is a beautiful creation and I wonder what God was capturing with this tree. Maybe God DID want the tree to look "sad". Maybe God does want us to think more deeply about such things as trees. I don't know. But what I do know is that I am now done with my first blog entry.


1 comment:

  1. I am finally able to get to your blog! Now I have some catching up to do. :)
    I love that you wrote about a weeping willow in your first blog...come visit me, I'll take you to a place with the most beautiful, serene, deeply sad willows. Miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete