Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Bome Babe's Room

Well, little Bome Baby arrives in four weeks only!! Can you believe it? We barely can. So right now, I am in the magical world of nesting (& loving it).
Yesterday, I made the baby (or me?) a crib skirt & a pillow with some Lotta Jansdotter fabric that I bought from one of my favorite Cambridge stores, Gather Here. Here are the results:



Today thus far, I dyed some baby blue Ikea curtains with the high hopes that it will match the bright blue-green color in the Lotta Jansdotter fabric. The curtains are in the dryer right now, & I'm hoping they turn out ok. When I put them in the wash, they looked like the color of puke. Sooooooo, we'll see. But my plan is to print on the curtains (inspired by this post), via stencil technique, with white acrylic fabric paint. I'll print the same shapes/design that are on the Jansdotter fabric. We'll see how successful this project will be! Here is a pic of the dying process earlier today:

Tata for now! Will post more as I finish projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment