Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Hot Dog!



Bri and I were walking through the park the other day and we came across a wonderful creature! A Dachshund doggie! It was a wonderful following this pup through the park and secretly taking pictures. They are so funny and cute! Here are a few facts about the Dachshund:

*They should not be over fed, for this breed tends to gain weight quickly.
*This little dog needs an owner who understands how to be his pack leader. The dog will take over the house, attempting to train the owner if the owner doesn't step up.
*This breed has an instinct to dig.
*Prone to spinal disc problems.
*They are versatile and courageous dogs and have been known to take on foxes and otters.

Another dog story: My brother-in-law and I were walking down the street in Cobble Hill, when we saw a family with a stroller. As we passed the stroller, we realized that that was no baby inside the stroller, but a bloodhound!! Its big face was resting on the side of the stroller and its eyes were nice, sad, and droopy. It was one of the funniest things I have ever seen!

The next day, I saw someone else walking down the street, holding their dog like a baby. I find a certain weirdness in how people treat their dogs like babies, but I also find much humor and joy in it. So, let's give it up for dogs! They are wonderful creatures!

1 comment:

  1. hmmm It's kind of like dog picture studios here in Miami. I don't share your fondness and humor.. I think it's ridiculous! Ha! Is that mean? I hope not.. but I was at Panera one time and this woman pulled up in her big SUV. She and her husband unloaded their dog and placed it ever so gingerly in the stroller, making sure to close the top of it so the dog wasn't hit by any direct sunlight. They then parked the cart in between their chairs at an angle so they could admire the dog as if it were their new born child! lol. Ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete