Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Home is Where Good Design Is

Brian and I have recently been into architecture, specifically the work of Frank Lloyd Wright and John Lautner. We have been talking about designing a house some time in the far far future & how sweet would that be?! Anyways, all this talk about house design has reminded me of my absolute favorite house in the movies: Golden Oak Ranch of the Carmel Valley. This home is in the movie, The Parent Trap of 1961, starring Haley Mills, Maureen O'Hara, & Brian Keith.

One of my favorite movies! Check out the Golden Oak Ranch in these photos:


1 comment:

  1. Love it Bonnie! I also love the original Parent Trap.

    If you visit Phoenix (maybe in Nov for a certain wedding? :) ), you could visit the house he built there. It is a great place.

    http://www.franklloydwright.org/fllwf_web_091104/Tours.html

    ReplyDelete