Thursday, September 2, 2010

The Age of Adz by Sufjan Stevens

I have never had a moving day where I got to listen to good music and take a nap! Well, yesterday I got hooked up with just that. After moving a majority of our boxes from one apartment to the next, a friend shared Sufjan Steven's, The Age of Adz album with me, which is coming out October 12th. Listen to his song, I Walked, and feel good.

Also, the art chosen for this album is pretty cool.
The Age of Adz refers to the Apocalyptic art of Royal Robertson (1930 –1997), a black Louisiana-based sign-maker (and self-proclaimed prophet) who suffered from schizophrenia, and whose work depicts the artist’s vivid dreams and visions of space aliens, futuristic automobiles, eccentric monsters, and signs of the Last Judgment, all cloaked in a confusing psychobabble of biblical prophecy, numerology, Nordic mythology and comic book jargon.


No comments:

Post a Comment